Introduction Imagine this: you’re about to return to your car after a fulfilling day exploring Ottawa’s rich cultural tapestry, only to realize you’ve locked your keys inside. This moment of dread has been experienced by many drivers. Fortunately, solutions are at hand with expert services like Ontario Towing, ensuring a rapid, efficient response to these stressful situations. This piece delves into the importance of professional vehicle lockout services and how Ontario Towing is leading the way in providing hassle-free experiences in Ottawa.
Technological advancements have undoubtedly made life easier for humankind. One of such technological phenomena is the invention of automobiles that replaced the long hours of covering short distances in horse carriages or on animal backs. Thanks to today’s extraordinarily fast vehicles, distances that once took days to cover now only take a few hours, and those that took hours are a matter of minutes. However, with these advancements came a few hindrances. As the intricacy of vehicles enhanced day by day, the number of roadside accidents also surged. But because human beings have a nature to find a solution to every problem, tow truck service providers came into existence. However, today’s discussion will not circle around tow truck companies but rather focus on Canada’s shocking accident statistics. As a top-rated tow truck company in Ottawa, Ontario, we deem it our duty to help educate the general public about these facts and figures and help them eradicate such unfortunate events.
Canada’s Shocking Accident StatisticsBy far, no part of the globe is devoid of traffic accidents. Even if there is no excessive traffic in a given area, collisions with wildlife and car sliding due to wet roads are common. However, the climate in Canada, particularly in Ontario, makes Canadian roadways more prone to accidents. The hot humid summers and harsh winters with heavy snowstorms are responsible for countless unfortunate events every year. Numerous renowned authorities like the World Health Organisation, Canada Safety Council, and the Canadian Association of Road Safety Professionals often carry out various studies and surveys regarding the matter. Let us have a detailed view of the facts and figures:
1. Alcohol Intake Is The Leading Cause Of Accidents In CanadaEven though Canada boasts one of the most well-defined traffic law systems in the world, drunk driving is still responsible for taking many lives. Surprisingly, an accident or bodily harm caused by drunk driving will result in ten years of jail for individuals. Yet, it does not look like drivers are worried about the harsh punishment.
2. On Average, Four Canadians Are Killed Daily Due To Drunk DrivingThis statistic is closely related to the one above. It is heartbreaking to note that every day, four people lose their lives to drunk driving. If we do the math, this figure rounds up to 1500 per year. If we talk about the injuries, drunk driving is responsible for 175 injuries per day and 63 000 per year. Given the strict Canadian road laws, these figures are very hard to digest. Nevertheless, they are true. What’s left to see is how the authorities will counteract this problem. Should the laws be stricter?
3. Road Rage May Be The Next Big ProblemAlthough there is little evidence to support this fact, Cision reveals that road rage is surfacing at an alarmingly fast pace in Canada. About 95% of Canadian drivers admit to being involved in a road rage at some point. Road rage includes acts that drivers undertake in a state of anger. While the least harmful acts include verbal assaults and glares, the most impulsive ones range from dangerous driving stunts to sudden braking and even throwing objects at the other drivers. Sometimes, drivers even indulge in perilous driving tactics to intimidate pedestrians.
4. Canadian Roads Witness About Eight Wildlife Collisions Per HourAnother astonishing statistic reveals that accidents involving wildlife collisions are too much to ignore. Deer are responsible for about 80% of these collisions. The other 20% involves bears, elk, coyotes, and other animals.
5. The Biggest Excuse For Not Fastening A Seatbelt Is TimePolice officers report that the biggest excuse they get after stopping a vehicle and asking the driver why he/she is not wearing a seatbelt is “I Didn’t have time.” It is astonishing to realise that people didn’t have the time to do what is essential to protect their own lives. Despite being in a world where literacy prevails, people fail to understand the significance of a seatbelt. You will be surprised to learn that a seatbelt reduces the risk of a serious injury by 50% and the risk of death by 45%. So, if you have the temptation to skip fastening your seatbelt in the future, reconsider your decision.
About Ontario TowingIn a world where accidents and vehicle breakdowns are unpredictable, Ontario Towing provides efficient, reliable, and up-to-the-mark vehicle recovery and towing services across Ontario. Our team of highly trained experts and drivers are available 24/7 for any kind of roadside assistance you may require. Contact us today to learn more. Ontario Towing, known for its stellar service, takes a step further with Ottawa’s Roadside Assistance. Designed exclusively for Ottawa’s motorists, it guarantees immediate assistance and unparalleled roadside reliability, enhancing every travel experience.
You drive your car daily on the road but never know when something might happen with it. On a bad day, you might suddenly find yourself stranded on the road. It is such an unexpected and troubling situation that many people don’t know what to do. Most of the problems you face in such a situation are due to your unawareness of the entire towing process. You must have some level of knowledge and information about how towing is done and the different types of services a professional towing company offers. In this blog we talk about why it is important for you to have some knowledge of the towing process and how it can help you in unprecedented situations.
To Identify Which Service You NeedIf you have no knowledge on how different towing processes are carried out, you can’t be sure of which type of towing service you need to hire. For instance, do you need a towing service, a recovery truck, a winching service, or a tilt deck tow truck? The answer to these questions becomes easier if you have some basic knowledge to figure out what suits your situation the most.
To Identify Any Mistakes Of Towing StaffIf you know what is going on during the towing of your car, you can figure out if the towing experts are doing something that you don’t want them to do with your car. For instance, whether you want them to tow your car or load it on a truck and transport it to your destination. You should be able to differentiate between the different services a towing company offers. It can also help you, if you know a bit more than just the basics, to identify if the staff is doing something wrong while towing your car.
Avoiding Any Damage To Your CarThe most significant advantage of identifying the experts’ mistakes is that you can prevent yourself and your car from receiving any damage during the towing process. You must know what the towing staff is doing and what may go wrong while your car is being towed.
Avoiding Inappropriate Towing SolutionsWhen you have some knowledge about the towing process, you can see which solution is the most appropriate and which one is inappropriate or may prove to be unnecessarily costly. You might ask the towing experts to come up with some alternative that might be more appropriate in your specific case.
How Much You Need To Know About TowingThe more you know about it, the better position you are in when the towing staff is towing your car. At the very least you should know the difference between different towing services. Knowing this will help you make the right decision at the right time. Having some basic knowledge about the towing companies near you is also critical. Hiring the best towing company avoids so many problems and mitigates several risks. Ontario Towing is the most reliable and experienced towing service provider near you. Hire us to get professional and risk-free roadside assistance to get yourself back on the road. To get in touch with us, click here. Ontario Towing, based in Ottawa, delivers exceptional towing, car lockout, and roadside help. With offerings like mobile tire services and long-distance hauls, they are a trusted resource for Ottawa and surrounding areas.
Mobile tire service is a very effective and efficient service provided by a professional towing company. There are many situations where you can get help through this service. Tires prove to be the most vulnerable part of your vehicle. Despite your due care and maintenance, anything can happen to your vehicle’s tires while driving on the road.
Punctured TiresA constant fear at the back of every driver’s mind is a punctured tire in the mid of a journey. In most modern cars, there are no spare wheels. Instead, they provide you an automatic pump to inflate your tire. If you have misplaced the pump or forgot it at home, you are in trouble. A single nail or any other sharp object can penetrate your tire puncturing it. When you are on the road, you can’t possibly pay attention to every single object on the road. You must have the contact number of your nearby professional towing experts to help you with their mobile tire service in case of an emergency. Having a mobile tire service saves you considerable time and hassle from leaving your car on the road and walking miles to get a new tire or to get your tire repaired.
When Your Tire BurstsThe temperature outside, inappropriate tire pressure, and other factors can result in a tire burst. You can pretty much plan for a punctured tire by driving carefully. However, a bursted tire is out of your control. If your tires have passed their lifespan you need to replace them.
Someone Stole Your Tire\TiresA rather unexpected situation can be when your tire or tires get stolen. Yes, this can be one situation when you need to call a professional towing company to provide you with the help and tires you require. It can happen when you park your car outside your home, or you are on a long journey and stayed for a while somewhere with criminals, thieves, and burglars around.The fact is that tires get stolen at times, and you can’t rule out this possibility entirely.
You Hit An Installment On The RoadWhile driving on a new road, going to an unknown destination, you may hit something installed on the road that can burst or deshape your tire. It can be a cat-eye, a boulder, or the edge of a pedestrian path. If your tire gets deshaped or burst, you should not continue on your journey. At this time, you need the professional help of a professional towing expert. They can repair your tires on site or replace them. You will not have to find the nearest tire shop, and it can save you time.
You Forgot To Check Your Tires PressureOne of the most common scenarios is when you forget to check the air pressure in your tires before leaving. This can cause trouble while you are on the road with no immediate help available in the shape of a tire shop. It is best to check your tires before you leave to avoid this. Ontario Towing offers a complete set of towing services and roadside assistance on site. To get immediate help and contact us, click here. Emerging from Ottawa, Ontario Towing offers pristine towing, rapid car lockout solutions, and dependable roadside assistance. Their wide spectrum, from on-demand tire services to long-distance hauls, signifies their unwavering dedication to the Ottawa vicinity and beyond.
In Canada, towing becomes even more technical and challenging to execute during the colder months of the year, mainly because of icy or snowy road conditions. Only a professional tow truck driver understands how to tow a trailer safely during such harsh weather conditions. Winter towing means preparing your vehicle in advance and using the right skills to adjust the trailer’s speed and direction. Here, we will discuss how expert tow truck drivers ensure a safe towing experience during winter: